Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Getting excited!

There have been many days of anxiety and sleepless nights thinking about all those last minute details and "oh god, what have we gotten ourselves into?!", etc. But overall, I am getting very pumped to meet this baby! After my Fit for Delivery class last night the army of pregnant women went over to the nursery check for babies. There was just one and boy was he huge! I find it very hard to believe something that large is inside of me right now! I don't know if he was super-sized or just average but he looked like a little person! Go figure!

We are to the point now where if the baby came today, we have the essentials and would likely survive. No, I haven't crossed off everything on my "To-Do Before Baby" list which basically includes all the "to-dos" in my life (example - #16: Make scrapbook of our wedding) but I suppose life doesn't ENTIRELY end once baby comes on board, right? For those of you with children that are snickering...don't tell me. I really do not want to wake up again at 2:30 AM in a sweat thinking about all those things I need to do. It is better that I naively think I'll get to it someday.

4 comments:

Hiromi Monkey said...

This is so cute and cool!
Mike and You can both involve for mini Barbaro event even Mike is not pregnant. I am sure I will keep visit your blog to see how you are doing...yeah?

Love,
Hiromi

Jenny B. said...

We are so excited for you guys!! Can't wait for Baby Barbaro to be here:) Love the way you decorated the room!

Love ya,

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Greetings cyber geeks!
Wow! The blogging Barbaros huh?! I don't know when you two find the time but I salute you! Great site- I love the interactive aspects! Looks as though girl is winning out- that's my vote!
Hey, Julie had her twins Monday. Last I heard they were going to be staying in the hospital a while... Julie seemed in good spirits though!
Take it easy and don't be strangers! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! The odds look highly stacked against you to get a boy, we don't seem to make too many of those! I voted for one anyway!
Love, Aunt Dixie