Last night a miracle occurred. Ava slept through the night. She fell asleep at about 10:00 pm and I followed about 15 minutes later. I try to go to sleep when she does because until last night she woke every 2-3 hours throughout the night (with the occasional 4 hour stretch). I woke with a start at about 3:00 am, she was still sleeping. I counted my lucky stars that she'd slept for a record 5 hours. I closed my eyes and thought I'd catch a few more z's...she'll be up any second, I thought. I woke up again at 5:30 and she was still sound asleep. This time I started checking her vitals. She seemed okay. I laid down again and this time I couldn't sleep, this was longer than I had slept in over 8 weeks. Long story short, she finally woke up at about 7:40 am, happy and healthy. That is 9 hours folks! I don't know if she'll do a repeat performance tonight or ever again. Fingers crossed!
I had so much energy this morning, I felt like I'd had 3 cups of coffee but without the jitters. We burned off some of that excess with a long walk this afternoon on the local nature trail. Here's some photos: 

Sunday, November 4, 2007
the night we've been waiting for...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment