2 months old today!

Nothing too exciting to report here. I'm putting plastic over all of our windows today to keep us warm and in the black throughout the winter. I'm more than a little bummed to forgo natural light through the blinds all winter long but I suppose that is all the more reason to continue walking during the day. We took Ava to the library for her birthday and checked out some more baby music and baby books. She enjoys the bright colors, lights and big windows there. It is a beautiful day in Columbia, MO and when she wakes up from her nap we'll go out for a long walk to enjoy this crisp Fall day.
In other news, I seem to have lost my mind. We were at the grocery store the other night and I was trying to pay with my debit card. The machine kept saying "incorrect PIN" but I hadn't entered anything in! I kept trying again and again to cancel and start over. The cashier was confused and asked why I kept cancelling. I told her what was happening. Mike leaned over and looked at the machine and pointed out that it said "input PIN" not "incorrect PIN". I was mortified. I use that very same machine every week to purchase groceries and have never been stumped by it before. Mike said perhaps my brains are leaking out with my breast milk. It is ironic that I'm working so hard to facilitate Ava's learning while my own intellectual health appears to be declining.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Happy Birthday Ava!
Labels: monthly birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
By my third trimester, I would forget what I was saying *while* I was saying it. I tried to laugh it off, but most moms told me that the fuzzy brain never goes away. They were right. I mean ... um ... wait, what was I saying?
I wish I could say that is the only weird thing I've done but it isn't. It is scary! I feel like I am losing my mind. Glad to know it is universal.
Post a Comment