Our refrigerator went out yesterday. Bummer timing...the cost to repair it was about 1/3rd the cost of the fridge! Argh. Much more annoying, however, is the fact that I lost my entire "milk bank" I'd been pumping and freezing to get me ahead for when Ava goes to day care next week. I was VERY upset but have since gotten over it. Worse things can happen and I am just going to slowly starting to build it up again. The frozen milk is like a savings account...a cushion. You know that you can always get away for the day if you need to...you know everything will be okay if you get sick or if something were to happen that would keep you away from your baby for a few days. Mostly though, it is a pain in the neck to pump, and pumping and dumping sucks. Once defrosted, frozen milk must be used within 24 hours. I left Mike and Ava last night and did some Christmas shopping. Mike certainly had plenty of milk to use. So I figure I got ahead in another way.
Home ownership is kicking my friends Rick and Susan in the rear, too. Here is a photo from the AP of Rick dragging off nearly an entire tree that fell in their yard. A large branch is still hovering over their roof making them very nervous. We feel your pain guys!
Friday, December 14, 2007
No use crying over spoiled milk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I got slightly nauseated at the thought of losing an entire bank of frozen milk. So far, I've only spilled pumped milk once, but I darn near cried when it happened. That stuff is liquid gold!! -- Amy7252 (using Colin's account)
Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts! Luckily, no branch on the roof... yet. Here's hopin' santa brings us no more ice storms!
Love,
Susan
Post a Comment