Our friend Amber knitted the adorable red hat and booties Ava is wearing here. I love the shape of the hat. She used a pattern from an old knitting magazine from the 30s. I love it! Who doesn't love a baby in red?
What a big girl I am! Little sweetie with red cheeks. It occurs to me looking at this photo that she may have had a fever here. She didn't seem sick at the time but Monday morning she woke up quite stuffy.
Zzzzzzzz.....This month has been an adjustment for me. It has been difficult getting into the groove of work and day care. Ava seems to be doing well. Her sitter is now at full capacity with 3 infants and 3 toddlers. Mike goes to work early in the morning and I drop Ava off. Then I work late and Mike leaves early to pick her up. This limits the time she is without us, but not by much. What stinks is that she's plain tuckered out early in the evenings and goes to bed anywhere from 7-9. She hardly slept at all this weekend and didn't nap today so tonight she was totally pooped at 6:30. I wouldn't admit that this was the case so she ended up getting worked up and fussy and screamed for an hour until she finally crashed. Had I just put her down at 6:30 all the drama could have been avoided.
I should note some of Ava's current hobbies. She loves looking at her right hand. She'll do it all day if we let her. In keeping with her current hand-obsession, she loves the "itsy-bitsy spider". She is also laughing, smiling and "talking". She isn't rolling or sitting yet which is fine by me. I'm probably stunting her motor skills by not letting her out of my arms when I'm with her. Ah well, she can work on that stuff at day care.
2 comments:
Maybe it's a fever, but maybe it's a sign of TEETHING! Bum bum BUM! When Elle is especially teethy (is that a word?), her cheeks are rosy red. Maybe you have some pearly white friends on the horizon?
Ahhh!!! I hope not! I'm so enjoying her toothless grin. Can you tell I don't want this little girl to grow up? Ever? I'll check for teeth in the morning, good call on the red cheeks. Eeek!
Post a Comment