Monday, March 17, 2008

60% all around


Ava had her six-month well-baby exam today. She's 16 lbs, 10.5 ounces. She is 26.25 inches long and is in the 60th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference. She had another round of shots. She recovered remarkably well. She cried, of course, but she was fine by the time we were in the rainy parking lot! We brought her home and she acted completely normal. We planted her immediately on the floor because we got a little grief from the doctor about Ava not being able to roll yet. She'll get there, I'm not worried about it. The doctor did say that she was a little advanced in her sitting abilities. Go baby! Mike blames the cloth diapers for her inability to roll. They do add significant bulk. On the other hand, they make a great wide base that is perfect for sitting!

4 comments:

amy7252 said...

What?? Ava's doctor gave you grief for Ava not rolling? That's ridiculous! Elle HATED being on her tummy, so even though she got lots of time on the floor, she still didn't roll until about 6.5 months. Of all people, your doc should know that babies develop at different rates. Hrumph. Nothing's wrong with you, Ava Sweetie! You'll get there when you're ready.

Erin said...

Thanks, Amy! That makes me feel better! I wasn't expecting the doctor to be so surprised that Ava wasn't rolling. It caught me off guard a little bit. What's with all this encouraging babies to be mobile? I don't get it! Can't I just hold her forever?

amy7252 said...

I totally agree. Elle can move all over the place by log rolling and pivoting on her belly (using her hands to turn in a circle) and that's fine by me. Once she starts crawling, I'll really have to baby-proof this death-trap of an apartment. Who wants to spend time and money on that?!?

KMH said...

Erin - you're totally right, mobility is vastly overrated :-D

I'd love to go back to the days when Kaitlin would just sit there (and be happy doing so).

Oh, and BTW, once Kaitlin could roll over, she just rolled wherever she wanted to go - so it wasn't that much different than crawling, from my perspective! Had to babyproof and everything!