Ava attended a class for kids who are about to become big sisters (and brothers) called "For Big Kids Only!" The teacher asked all the kids if they were having a baby sister or brother. Ava confidently said "a sister!" Then the teacher asked what the sister's name would be and Ava again confidently said "a lion!"
This past weekend I finally started washing and unpacking the baby clothes. I was piling up new clothes to remove tags and wash and Ava kept taking them from the pile. I had no idea where she was taking them and figured I'd find them chucked in a corner somewhere. Some time later I went into her room and found that she'd neatly hung them all on her closet doors. She even hung a little bib and set booties neatly on her shelf. I was touched!
Ava's been playing with the baby toys we've unpacked, trying on the baby clothes and even testing out the car seat. I've also heard a lot more baby talk and she asks lots of questions about when she was a baby. I'm very thankful she's as communicative as she is because no doubt all kids have these questions and emotions. I'm nervous about the transition but I know she'll be an amazing big sister.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment