Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just the 3 of us

We returned last week from a little road trip. A business trip and last hurrah for the three of us before coming home to feather the nest for baby. We hit the road on Mike's birthday and headed to Indianapolis where we visited the Children's Museum. Then off to St. Joseph, Michigan for some beach time and finally to Chicago where Mike had a meeting and Ava and I enjoyed the city. Here are some photos of the trip, in reverse chronological order.

Here Ava and I are enjoying breakfast downtown Chicago. During the course of our trip, Ava often would dramatically lounge back into her chair and say "I'm lying in the sun...ah". It was our vacation mantra. She's accompanied here by her new Hello Kitty purchase at Sanrio on Michigan Avenue and she selected her outfit out of the suitcase so that she would match HK's ensemble. Ava chows down at Gino's East. She couldn't wait the hour for the deep dish pizza. This was probably a healthier choice anyway.

Ava and I rode the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. I've never really been afraid of heights but riding with Ava was a whole different experience. My hands were dripping with sweat as we neared the top. I was trying to act cool but I was absolutely terrified she was going to climb out of the seat. Ugh. I'm sweating just typing about it.

While Daddy was out at a fancy work dinner, Ava and I enjoyed gelato that we brought back to the hotel lobby.

Here's the gang in St. Joseph, Michigan the morning we left. The weather up to this point in Michigan had been cloudy with spotty showers and a bit chilly. On this morning it was a perfect day.

Ava experiences getting buried in the sand for the first time and finds it hysterical!

Another example of Ava dreamily relaxing and saying she's "lying in the sun...ah..."

Lake Michigan.

The amazing Silver Beach carousel, one of three carousels in three states that we rode during the trip. This was the 'parkly horse that Ava wanted to ride.

At the Indianapolis Children's Museum where Ava donned an apron and went to work at an ice cream shop just like Mommy's first job. If you can't tell, she's taking our order here.

This is the bottom of a three-story glass sculpture at the museum. We are sitting on a rotating couch to mimic a kaleidoscope effect as we pier at the bottom of the sculpture.


This photo is from our little celebration of Mike's birthday before we left. Ava's pretending to take a photo just like me.

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

No comments: