We had a pediatrician appointment today. Ava weighed 9 lbs, 9 ounces. I'm also happy to report that contrary to what the mean pediatrician told me in the hospital, I CAN eat peanut butter (a.k.a. sweet nectar of the gods) while breastfeeding. She said that unless we have a strong family history of PB allergies (we don't) then I can go ahead and eat a little and see how she does. This news came just hours after having soy-nut butter on my toast. Yes, it is just as disgusting as it sounds. I have also been enjoying almond butter which isn't bad but costs about $8 a jar! If anyone has any use for soy-nut butter let me know! I don't think I'll be needing it anymore.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, I've never heard of the "don't eat peanut butter while breastfeeding" rule. Good thing it's not a problem because I pretty much lived off of those when I was pregnant (especially when I had morning sickness).
My suggestion for the soy-nut butter: find out where that dumb nurse lives and smear it under the door handles on her car. :)
I know! My jaw DROPPED when they told me "no pb" in the hospital. I'd literally gone through a jar a week while pregnant.
Hey, it was NOT a dumb nurse, it was a dumb doctor!!! Dixie
Post a Comment