Wednesday, October 10, 2007

a little to the left, mom

Last night Ava and I attended an infant massage class. Massage is supposed to help develop motor skills, prevent colic and constipation, and foster bonding. Really, I just thought it would be a fun girls night out. Overall it was pretty hokey. The teacher was a was rubbing canola oil on a plastic doll and yelling instructions over the screaming babies in the class. She encouraged us to "ask permission of our babies" before commencing the rub-down. It was all quite amusing. Ava enjoyed seeing other babies. She cried when the mom next to us moved her baby out of Ava's field of vision. She calmed down when I scooted her over to look at another cutie. I also enjoyed seeing other babies and meeting other mommies. I'll try to get a photo next week of the mayhem.

No comments: