Monday, December 10, 2007

13 weeks AND 3 months old today!

Big day today! Ava is both 13 weeks and 3 months old today! It also happens to be Mike's 1/2 birthday too! Because we were iced in the house this weekend, I was inspired to make a cake for them. Here are some photos:

Here is evidence of said ice.

Ava's 13 week week photo.

Ava's 3 month photo.

Here is Mike's cake! 31 1/2 today! I was pretty proud of this cake. I made it from scratch. Like I said, we were iced in so I made the cake and the frosting out of our pantry. I've never done that before!

Here is Ava's cake!

Ava watches as my sister Megan licks the beaters. Yum! Can I have some Auntie Megan?

Here are the birthday kids.

6 comments:

amy7252 said...

How fun! What a great idea for a yucky day.

One question, though ... what happened to the other 1/4 of the cake not pictured?

Erin said...

I used it to practice writing. It said "test" on it and I sent it home with my sister... if I hadn't it would have been shoveled into my mouth.

Anonymous said...

i was wondering what that other piece of cake said. I thought it said 'tesla.' Great 3-month photo, she looks so excited!

Erin said...

See? It is a good thing I practiced!

She humors her mommy with these photo sessions.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm impressed you actually made cakes for 1/2 and 1/4 bdays. They look so good!!

Erin said...

Taisia...my motives were purely chocolate cake related. :)