Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Arrivederci Staehlings!

Bon Voyage!

My sister Angie, brother-in-law Bret and three kids are off on a year-long world tour beginning today. They are flying to London for a week and then to Florence, Italy where they will begin 3 months in that country. They have several mini trips planned including a week at an agri-tourism villa in the Tuscan countryside, a week in the Dolomite Mountains, and a week in Venice. Then they are off to the Adriatic coast of Croatia for 3 months including the towns of Split and Dubrovnik. After their stint in Croatia they plan on taking a ferry back to Italy where they will spend another three months touring Apulia, Sicily, the Amalfi Coast, and Rome. But it's not over yet....

After Europe, they plan on flying to Miami where they will stay for a couple of weeks before departing for beautiful Buenos Aires, Argentina. They don't have all their plans figured out for South America yet but I am hoping Erin, Ava, and I will be able to visit them there. Whereas the EURO is currently at a record high versus the dollar, the Argentine peso is still very cheap...about 3 pesos to the dollar. Thus we can more likely afford a longer stay there.

How can my sister and her family do this you ask?? Well, she is a very talented artist who has a very talented husband who helps her market her work. Her art is licensed and sold throughout the world and is found in many stores such as Kohl's, Linens and Things, etc. In fact, when we were in Venice a few years ago I saw her work in a local store there! If you'd like to see some of her work visit http://www.angelastaehling.com/

As you could probably imagine I am quite envious (in a good way of course) of my sister and her family. This seems like a dream come true in many ways. I wish we could join them for every step of the way. The next best thing other than being with them is to visit their new blog which they are dedicating to their travels and experiences...http://5passports.blogspot.com/
I am also adding their blog to our "Friends" section.

Have a safe trip you all! We hope to see you soon in one of those fantastic locations!!!!

No comments: