Saturday, April 5, 2008

A lovely Spring day

The weather here today was amazing. Sunny, blue skies, about 65. Perfect! We started the day sitting on the front porch and enjoying the weather. Ava held some leaves (crunchy!) and lambs ears (soft!), and watched the cars go by. A little while later I left Ava with Daddy and attended my first sorority function. After years of scratching my head at the "beer bus" concept, I finally got to ride one! My sister Emily (known as "Aunt Emily" here) invited my mom, my sister Megan, and me to attend Moms Weekend at her sorority. We had a huge lunch in the house and then took a school bus out to the winery. The winery was swarming with people, as you can imagine on a day like today. We had a good time! Here we are (note our chariot in the reflection):

When I got home Mike started working on a perennial garden he's putting in on the south side of our house. Ava helped warm up the wheelbarrow.

We ended the day with a wonderful, made from scratch, Sicilian pizza that I stupidly forgot to photograph. All the slices are in our bellies. You'll just have to trust me when I say it looked (and tasted) delicious!

2 comments:

amy7252 said...

LOVE the wheelbarrow pic! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

DITTO. A-freakin-dorable