So according to Wikipedia Answers... "Almost all babies are born with blue or grey-ish colored eyes. Eye color will begin to change around 6 months of age and the eyes should have turned to their natural color by the baby's first birthday." Ava is currently 7 1/2 months.
Right now Ava's eyes are bluish-gray but I think I see some greenish-brown towards the pupils. Of course this is coming from a guy who is colorblind so who knows what her eyes really look like :). Anyway, this site predicts children's eye color and according to their calculation, Ava has a 37.5% chance of ending up with blue eyes, 12.5% chance of green eyes, or 50% chance of brown eyes. So I thought a little poll would be fun to see what you all thought. Check it out on the right-hand side. According to Wikipedia we won't find out until she is around a year old so we have 5 more months to wait.
If you want more details about the family genome, here they are...
Erin=blue eyes
Mike=brown eyes
Erin's mom=blue eyes
Erin's dad=blue eyes
Mike's mom=blue eyes
Mike's dad=brown eyes
Erin's 2 sisters=blue eyes
Mike's 2 sisters=brown eyes
Monday, April 21, 2008
Ava's Eye Color
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We love the new header on the blog, especially Don Mike's pose at his Italian wedding! Too cool.
I'm thinking that Ava is going brown. There's no mystery to Elle -- she is definitely a blue, blue, blue eyed kiddo!
I second that the new header is very cool! And I also voted for brown eyes - maybe it's just the photos, but her eyes look dark to me.
Post a Comment