Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weekend Recap




Ava's doing much better! She slept through the night last night! Hooray! Mike's the pathetic one now. He's sniffling and sneezing all over the place. Poor guy.

We spent the weekend visiting Mike's folks in Illinois. It was a very nice weekend. As usual, I'll quickly touch on the culinary highlights.

1.) Watermelon Agua Fresca. Yum! So refreshing. Watermelon has been prevalent around our house this summer so I'm excited to try and make this myself.

2.) Frank's Pizzeria in Silvis, IL. Fantastic sausage pizza!

Aside from eating my way through town I was determined to get a good photo of Ava's two front teeth. I think she's starting to get two more front teeth and I want to capture the "bunny stage" before it's over.
Ava got to swim in the "hot" tub set to a refreshing bath water temperature.


Ava and her Great Aunt Carla called each other in advance to coordinate their outfits.
The Blogging Barbaros:
We returned to a bounty in the garden. I just LOVE summer. Who needs to grocery shop after being out of town when you have fresh veggies waiting in the garden? BLTs, fresh pasta salad, fresh torn basil on top of everything. What's not to love? Ok, maybe the heat index of 105 and the 99% humidity but other than that...

1 comment:

amy7252 said...

Great picture of you guys! Glad Ava is feeling better.