Ava's having a touch of stranger anxiety. What breaks my heart is not that she's scared but that she's so brave. At a gathering on Saturday a nice man with grandkids of his own asked if he could hold Ava. Ava just sat there in his arms with her bottom lip quivering and a little tear running down her face. I nearly lost it watching her. She didn't wail, she didn't throw a tantrum. She just sat very still and very miserable. The same thing happened this morning when I dropped her off with her sitter. She sat in her arms with that face looking back at me on a Monday morning. The sweet little sad face that I couldn't get out of my head all day. I just can't believe how reluctantly agreeable she is. She's very sweet and very brave. I never want to let her out of my arms again.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment