Monday, September 24, 2007

OOPS I did it again!


Quick question for all you experts out there...

Any idea how to stop the middle of the night diaper leak? Nearly every night Ava has a poo that squirts out and gets her back wet (sorry for the dirty details). I've tried 3+ brands of diapers and made darn sure they are snug and tight and yet it continues to happen. The only thing that really ticks this baby off is getting her clothing changed and I'd love to avoid causing a meltdown every night. Any tricks or tips?

Edit to this post - 9:34 PM- Dave and Amber just came over and brought an entire dinner. Dave was holding Ava and guess how she thanked him? That's right...a big 'ol squirt all over his shorts! She did, however, manage to keep her own outfit perfectly clean. I'm not sure how she managed that! Luckily Dave doesn't mind a little baby poo but geez, we've got to get this figured out!

3 comments:

amy7252 said...

Elle's first blowout happened mere seconds before I was supposed to see the lactation consultant at the hospital. It was a DISASTER. Her second blowout was on her Aunt Kate's lap. Fortunately, that one wasn't nearly as bad.

We use Pampers Swaddlers, which I would assume you have tried if you've tried three different brands. She doesn't blow out all the time, but when she does, it's because it comes out the top of the back side. I assume that's where your leak is? If it's coming out the legs, make sure that the ruffles are out, rather than tucked under. We really like the Swaddlers, but they aren't foolproof!

Do you think they make baby duct tape??

Anonymous said...

I think we also used Pampers Swaddlers on Kira for her blowouts. It's never happened with Maya for some reason and we use the cheapie Parents Choice brand.
Maybe you could dress her in socks, diaper, and one of those infant tops that button up the front so you don't have to push and pull on her alot to change her. Then you could slip it off easily, wipe her down and while she's eating slip a clean shirt on easily.
Good thing she's so darn cute - it's easy to forgive her those nasty blowouts.
~Taisia

Erin said...

Thanks guys! We actually just got a generous gift of a HUGE box of Swaddlers from one of my mom's friends. We'll try those. You're right Amy, when it is out of the back top side when we've used the Swaddlers and with other brands it tends to come out of the legs.

I've had the duct tape thought many a night!

Like you suggested Taisia, for ease of changing I love dressing her in those cross-front t-shirts! I've been putting her in a Halo sleep sack at night but we only have two of those in her current size (which I naively thought would be way too many) so as the night progresses she gets dressed in odder and odder things! By the morning she's just swaddled in whatever I could find at 4 AM!