As it turns out, Ava's fussiness may have had less to do with the transition to the crib than I thought. She continued to be an incredibly light sleeper this week. She had to cry herself to sleep every night, refusing to be soothed in any other way. By Wednesday afternoon she had a runny nose and wasn't acting like herself. That evening she had a fever of about 99.0. My guess was that she might be teething as low-grade fever, runny nose and fussiness are symptoms. Thursday she had a rough day at day care and barely ate. We took her to the doctor Thursday afternoon and learned Ava has another sinus/ear infection. We got her antibiotics, picked up at Wise Guys "Beat the Clock" pizza (seems an important detail to interject here), and headed for home. Ava had another fussy night. At day care today she ate less than 1 ounce of milk! She's just too stuffy to suck on anything so we gave her extra cereal tonight and she fussed herself to bed. I think now that she's had three doses of the drugs she'll start improving. I hope.
We'll try the crib transition once she recovered. I unknowingly timed the previous attempt very poorly!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Another round of antibiotics
Labels: doctor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw, poor thing. Well, it sounds like she would have fussed herself to sleep even if you knew about the ear infection, so no need to feel bad about that. Hope little Ava is feeling better soon!
Post a Comment