Monday, June 16, 2008

40 weeks old today!

Ava was pretty grumpy tonight. I'm not sure if she's teething or what. She didn't want to be put down and was generally out of sorts. Despite my attempts to distract her she watched Al Gore's speech endorsing Obama tonight (which was hilarious by the way..."If you like a "T" in your B.L.T., then you know that elections matter").
Aside from clapping during the speech with the crowd, she had an interesting developmental milestone tonight. For the past few weeks she's had an old oatmeal container with some objects in it. She shakes it around and I occasionally take the lid off to help her discover what is making the noise. Until tonight she'd never look into the container. She'd just keep shaking it and eventually the objects would fall out and she'd go explore them as if they'd fallen from the sky. Tonight, we did the exercise again. I removed the lid and she peered into the container. She immediately stuck her hand in and started pulling the items out. It was very interesting. I'm loving watching all the changes in her development. It's fascinating!

No comments: