Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who you callin' "healthy"?


Check up time! Ava weighed in at 19 lbs, 6 ounces. She's once again in the 60th percentile for head circumference, weight and height (28 inches long). The doctor said "MY that's a healthy baby, I thought for sure she'd weigh more than 20 lbs!". She went on to "assure" me that Ava would lose her chub once she starts moving. *Sigh* That isn't reassuring to me! It's devastating! I love her squishiness but I suppose I'll adjust. Just a few weeks ago I lamented that I didn't want her to get teeth because I adored her toothless grin. Now that she has two little front teeth halfway in I just love it! She looks like a little bunny. I suppose the presence of teeth will help her fit in amongst her peers in the future as well.

Ava had two shots today and was once again a little trooper. She cried for about 30 seconds but as soon as the nurse let me pick her up she was quiet. She was a little shy around strangers for the rest of the day (particularly those in white coats), but who can blame her?

No comments: