Saturday, May 10, 2008

8 months old today!


We've had a very busy week! As you can see from the photo, Ava's had a bit of a cold! I never thought I'd be in the pediatrician's office as much as I have. It's hard not to take it personally when your baby continues to fall ill. I can only hope she's getting a wealth of exposure to germs that will keep her healthy later. For now though, it stinks! I've been very worried about Ava this week, she just looked and sounded terrible. She's had a nasty cough and runny nose and eyes. She hasn't been too feverish. I took her to the doctor on Thursday and they confirmed she just has a viral cold and she'll recover. I was relieved. She looked so pathetic! She's doing much better now. The worst was Wednesday/Thursday of last week. By Saturday evening she was chatting and smiling again. She even started doing "so big"! We're still working on it but we've made progress. Her arms raise up a few inches...perhaps she's humouring us. Her thumbs look better too! The doctor pointed out that it looks like she's about to get her two front teeth so that likely caused the blisters. They didn't pop, thankfully. I think she's just getting a callous.

1 comment:

amy7252 said...

Dear Miss Ava,

We at the International Board of Health have determined that you have gone way over your quota for allowable illnesses in a year. Please return all excess illnesses immediately and refrain from incurring any more until at least the year 2010. Failure to do so may result in you losing your illness privileges completely, thus meaning that you will never be able to use up sick time earned at any future job you may hold in your lifetime.

We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Dr. Amos Schlads
Surgeon General, IBH