Monday, June 2, 2008

Party Time!

Yippee! It's party time! Ava gets dressed up to attend her Aunt Emily's 22nd birthday party on Sunday!
Her future's so bright...


I tried to take a photo nice photo with Emily posing with her birthday cake and niece but Ava kept lunging for the cake. Can't say I blame her. Emily was nice enough to share the frosting. Ava capped off the evening with another wagon ride.




Hooray for birthday parties!

3 comments:

amy7252 said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of Ava waving in the wagon is SO cute! My heart melted. And I LOVE that outfit. What a great color on her, and so summery.

BTW, I burned the heck out of the roasted sweet potatoes. Stupid too-hot oven. Fortunately, I was able to salvage enough for a side dish and they were yummy!! Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

You can't beat a baby in a madras dress, can you? She is such a good sport, she kept her hat on all night.

Regarding heart melting...that is how she ended up owning a pair of baby sunglasses (or baggles as my mom calls them). We were in Target and saw them. We thought they were funny and tried them on Ava just for fun. Once we strapped them on she looked up at us with a HUGE grin and Mike and I both said "we're buying them". They went in the cart faster than you can say "wow, what an unpractical purchase". Worth every penny.

Sorry about the sweet potatoes burning! The good news is that next time you make them they won't take as long!

amy7252 said...

I've been wanting to get Elle some sunglasses since our sweltering time in San Antonio, but I didn't think she'd keep them on. Hmmm...